Fall

 

Fall is such a foreign concept for people living in my country. All my life, I’ve wanted to put on a Halloween costume on the 31st of October, but unfortunately, that never happened. So, I try to live vicariously through reading creepy books and watching my comfort shows and movies. Even though it’s supposed to be a festival to ward off evil and spirits, somewhere, I find comfort in it. It feels like my entire childhood is defined by the number of Halloweens I spent, much like Christmas. 

Maybe I’m just blabbering right now, but there’s a bit of contentment in this. It has been a while since I’ve written something just because I wanted to write. This stream-of-consciousness style of writing seems to be helping me a lot. After a certain age, everything around us seems to lose its vibrancy. However, there are moments like this where one can find ease even in the mundane. I cannot believe how fast we’re flying through this year, yet somewhere, time stands still.




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Who am I?

Warrior

Ghosts